You can add POWr to your Shopify theme or any page of your site. You also have the option of displaying a POWr app on:
- Your Collection overview page
- Your pre-launch Password page
- All product pages within the Product template
For any of those locations, you will want to add your POWr code directly to your template files that you can find under Online Store > Themes > Edit HTML/CSS.
You might be using Collection pages to categorize your products on Shopify. You can add POWr to all of those Collection pages at once by placing your POWr shortcode in the collection.liquid file.
In our example, we added the code right below the liquid code for the header on line 3 of our collection.liquid file.
Before launching your store, most Shopify users choose to password-protect their store. By default, that page does not contain a lot of information. We think it's a great location for some of our apps, such as Countdown Timer, which you can use to count down to the day your store is going live! Or Form Builder, to collect leads and get in touch with potential customers before launch.
To add POWr to your Password page, go to your password.liquid file and find an appropriate location for your code. In our example, we replaced the h2 on the page with our POWr code for Countdown Timer.
If you'd like to show the same app with the same content in each product listing, you can insert the POWr code into your product template.
The product template's file is titled product.liquid.
In our example, we added a POWr Tabs app to all product pages. Our Tabs shows the size chart, refund policy, and FAQs, which are details you might want to make available to your users in all product postings.
Not yet possible... 😢
Unfortunately, there are a few locations in your Shopify store in which you cannot currently use POWr apps yet.
- POWr apps cannot be added to any pages within your store's checkout area.
- Adding a different version of Comments, Tabs, or Countdown Timer to your product pages with just one install is also not something you can do yet. This requires a deeper integration with the Shopify system. Right now, you would manually need to add a different shortcode to each product page in order to show different content on different products.