My POWr form has Require Payment enabled. I received a payment through PayPal, but I didn't get an email alert from POWr. What's going on?
First, go through the steps listed in this article to rule out an issue with your form setup or email provider: Where are my form email alerts?
If the tips in that article don't solve the issue, open your Form Response Dashboard. If the Payment Received shows No for a customer who did send you a payment, you may have Instant Payment Notifications (IPN) disabled in your PayPal Merchant account.
With IPN disabled, you are not allowing POWr.io to know about your payment status. This results in no form emails being sent to you because the email only gets triggered only once a payment has been confirmed.
Follow these steps to enable Instant Payment Notifications in your PayPal account:
1. Log in to your account at paypal.com.
2. Click on Profile.
3. Access My Selling Tools.
4. Scroll to where it says Instant Payment Notifications.
5. Open Instant Payment Notifications and confirm that you wish to change the settings.
6. In the settings that now appear, check Receive IPN Messages (Enabled).
7. Please do NOT enter a Default Notification URL, but you can add powr.io if you like.
8. Save your changes.
Moving forward, you should now see the Payment Received column update accordingly whenever you receive a payment through your POWr form. You will also start receiving emails for submissions that were followed by a successful payment.